Witnesses of the alleged chemical attack in Douma, including 11-year-old Hassan Diab and hospital staff, told reporters at The Hague that the White Helmets video used as a pretext for a US-led strike on Syria was, in fact, staged.
The suspected poison gas attack in Douma on April 7 has sparked an ongoing clash of narratives between the West and the governments of Syria and its key ally, Russia.
"Absolutely no evidence of chemical weapons and my family members are feeling well".
The Russian envoy to the OPCW claimed the videos of the attack circulating on media are a little more than "a sloppily staged video" and are "completely groundless". I don't know why.
"Russia and Syria's briefing at the OPCW premises today is a stunt", Mr Wilson said.
He reiterated that the military attack jointly launched by the Untied States, the United Kingdom and France against Syria on April 14 was a violation against worldwide law. They said the airstrikes were aimed at degrading the chemical arms capabilities of Mr. Assad, who promised to purge Syria's arsenal of chemical weapons after a mass attack in 2013.
Rudskoy further noted that only seven western missiles struck the Syrian Han Shinshar facility, which allegedly housed chemical weapons, not 22 as the Pentagon claims.
His comments came a day after worldwide donors pledged an estimated $4.4 billion in humanitarian aid for Syria and neighbors sheltering its refugees in 2018, falling significantly short of the more than $7 billion the United Nations is seeking.
Russian Federation has organized the briefing on Thursday at the headquarters of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons with about 15 Syrians, including at least three young children.
Russian Federation and Syria presented several unharmed people from Ghouta, Syria, at the premises of the Organisation for the Prohibition for Chemical Weapons on Thursday to support claims that there was no chemical attack in the city earlier this month.
Russia's Defense Ministry has also accused Britain of direct involvement in staging video images of alleged victims.
Russian Federation had ignored a request from the OPCW to allow its inspectors in Syria to interview the witnesses first, and wait until after the investigators had filed their report to present its theory of the case. The latest attack on April 7 in the Damascus suburb of Douma killed at least 40 people and has been widely blamed on the Syrian government, which has denied responsibility.
"Russia and Syria urged the OPCW to dispatch a team to do the investigation".
Of the USA missile strike in response, Lt. Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, director of the US military's Joint Chiefs of Staff, told TIME reporters, "These are the best targets that presented the best opportunity to minimize collateral damage, to avoid killing innocent civilians and to send a very strong message".
Russian Federation has defended the Assad regime amid claims it launched the April 7 attack.
The statements provided by the 17 Syrian citizens will be challenged.
"The FFM will continue to carry out its independent and impartial mission based on interviews with relevant people, its findings from the site visits, analysis of the sample results, as well as any other information and materials collected", it said. The Russian delegation said its intention was not to interfere with the FFM's work.