Buzz It Up News

Top Trump aides knew of abuse allegations


Russian Federation already looking to interfere in 2018 midterms Dems pick up deep-red legislative seat in Missouri Speier on Trump's desire for military parade: "We have a Napoleon in the making" MORE was unhappy with deputy press secretary Raj Shah on Thursday after Shah said the White House could have done a better job handling the situation surrounding abuse allegations against former staff secretary Rob Porter, according to CNN. "He wants to see us move from a process that now exists in law of extended family chain migration toward merit-based immigration reforms", White House Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah told reporters during his first ever White House press conference.

By Thursday, Porter had left the White House permanently as attention on the abuse allegations increased.

Despite their history, Willoughby said she never wanted him to lose his White House job, because she thought he was good at it, but "this is a effect of his actions".

But as CNN reported Thursday, it was widely known by early fall of past year among top aides - Kelly included - that Porter was facing trouble obtaining security clearance and that he had allegedly abused his ex-wives.

White House Counsel Don McGahn was also aware of the allegations but did not act.

A White House official said McGahn was only aware that ex-wives were prepared to make damaging accusations about him but did not ask what the accusations were because Porter said they were not true.

"A White House official said the FBI's findings never reached McGahn himself in June". Porter is having a romantic relationship with White House Communications Director Hope Hicks, and that relationship led the former girlfriend to come forward, according to White House officials. She also said his departure from the White House was not imminent.




Guthrie then brought up Porter's first ex-wive Colbie Holderness, who accused the former Trump aide of beating her, noting she released an image showing her with a black eye.

"The allegations against Rob Porter are serious and deeply troubling", Shah said. Holderness, a 37-year-old senior analyst at the U.S. Government Accountability Office, said she provided photos of the black eye she said he delivered during a 2005 vacation in Florence, Italy.

Willoughby took out a temporary protective order in 2010, which according to the Post said that "reasonable grounds exist to believe that [Porter] has committed family abuse and there is probable danger of a further such offense". She said he returned the next day and broke glass in the door with his fist.

Three days later, the Federal Bureau of Investigation again contacted Holderness, she said, asking whether she had been contacted by anyone regarding Porter.

Willoughby added that Porter accepted her decision. She said she hadn't.

CNN reported that following their 2003 marriage, Holderness said Porter quickly began to be abusive: "She said that Porter's repeated physically abusive behavior also included throwing her on the bed and forcefully pushing one of his limbs into her body in anger and choking her". Even when they were confronted with information about Porter that they didn't care to seek out themselves - as they were promoting him up the ranks - they played it off as if it were a minor nuisance.

Shah was asked questions about Trump's thoughts concerning legal immigration as it affects Indian immigrants, and those applying for Green Cards through the normal route, as well as on lifting the country quotas for legal immigration, News India Times daily reported.

Related Articles

Comments