Qatar's response to the demands was handed by the foreign minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani to Kuwaiti emir Sheikh Sabah, as worldwide pressure continued for the crisis to be resolved.
Meanwhile, Egypt on July 2 said its foreign minister and his counterparts from Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E., and Bahrain will meet in Cairo on July 5 "to follow up on the developing situation regarding relations with Qatar". The visit came just hours after a 10-day Saudi deadline for Qatar to respond to the demands was extended by 48 hours, at Kuwait's request, until midnight on Tuesday.
Among other demands, Doha is asked to curb diplomatic ties with Iran, suspend Turkish military deployment in Qatar, shut down its news network Al-Jazeera and stop funding individuals and organizations blacklisted as terrorists by the four boycotting countries. "Qatar is prepared to face whatever consequences", Al-Thani said.
This meeting comes "in the framework of the coordination of positions", but also of "consultations" between the four countries to discuss "future endeavours regarding the Qatar", according to the text.
Doha has so far indicated that it rejects the demands. In them, Trump "reiterated the importance of stopping terrorist financing and discrediting extremist ideology" and also "underscored that unity in the region is critical" to combating terrorism. Qatar denies the allegations. However, the diplomatic crisis looks unlikely to resolve itself in with Qatar's Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani telling reporters Thursday that the list of demands was "meant to be rejected".
The Arab nations restricted access to their airspace and ports, sealing Qatar's only land border which it shares with Saudi Arabia. There was no immediate word on what the letter said, though Sheikh Sabah is trying to mediate the crisis.
The coalition presented Qatar with its requirements to end the standoff after US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson urged the Saudi-led bloc to lay out its demands.